You can be part of the dental health care revolution and we can show you HOW.
Health Through Oral Wellness® (HOW®) for Dental Providers
As the region’s oldest and largest provider of dental benefits, Northeast Delta Dental understands that some patients need more dental care than others. That is why we offer HOW, our industry-leading Health through Oral Wellness program that provides additional benefits at no additional cost to at-risk patients. However, they need help from you.
Through the use of a simple risk evaluation tool – the Oral Health Information Suite or OHIS that is powered by PreViser and provided to you at no charge – you can help your at-risk patients receive the care they really need. HOW can help you improve patient acceptance of treatment, their oral and overall health, and your bottom line.
Benefits of using HOW® In your Practice
You can promote individual awareness of the importance of oral health as a component of overall wellness for your patients.
You can use HOW to make your dental practice more productive by creating a patient-centered clinical experience that will help you build patient satisfaction and patient loyalty.
Your patients that are at greater risk for oral disease or medical complications related to oral health may be eligible for enhanced preventive dental benefits. Through HOW, you will be able to build a stronger referral base by creating professional relationships with medical providers and gain new patients who do not see a dentist regularly.
You will also receive a free license for the PreViser Oral Health Information Suite, special offers on preventive products and services, and rewards for providing PreViser oral health risk assessments and prevention services.
Now that’s what we like to call a win-win situation for both you and your patients!
Getting started is quick and easy!
- Delta Dental Participating Dentists – Click Here and log-in.
- If you have questions or are a non-participating Dentist, please call Northeast Delta Dental’s Professional Relations department at 1-800-537-1715
- For a PDF of our Provider Materials that will give you more information, please click on the links below:
Northeast Delta Dental is proud to provide dental professionals with what we believe to be the world’s best electronic oral health risk assessment. Powered by PreViser®, the cloud-based Oral Health Information Suite gives dental professionals the ability to risk assess their patients quickly, objectively, and consistently. The assessment tool supports the evidence-based plan designs offered through Northeast Delta Dental’s industry-leading Health through Oral Wellness® (HOW®) program that extends additional preventive benefits to at-risk patients enrolled in plans with HOW® benefits.
Use of the assessment tool provides the following:
- Unlimited free use of our cloud-based oral health risk assessment using PreViser’s clinically validated Oral Health Information Suite with free technical support
- Access to enhanced preventive benefits for eligible patients who are at higher risk for dental caries and periodontal disease*
- Increased patient acceptance of care
- Recognition as a HOW® participating dentist via our dentist search on our website highlighting your commitment to evidence-based prevention and patient-centered oral health
- Use of the HOW® logo on your website, on social media, and in print advertising
- Increased patient flow from Northeast Delta Dental insured members engaged by HOW® to see their dentist to learn how to achieve their best possible oral and overall health
- A HOW® desktop placard for your front desk that encourages patients to “Know their Numbers” and get the preventive care they need to stay healthy
*Enhanced benefits are currently limited to patients from participating employer groups with HOW® plan designs who have moderate to high risk for caries and/or periodontal disease based on submission of an electronic risk assessment using the PreViser Oral Health Information Suite. Enhanced benefits may include additional prophylaxis and periodontal maintenance visits, oral health counseling, caries susceptibility testing, sealants, and additional fluoride treatments for at-risk children and adults. There is no reduction in standard benefits for patients who have not been risk assessed or who show low to very low risk for oral disease.
For more resources about preventative dental measures, please visit:
Dental Quality Alliance CDC Cochrane Review
HOW®is based on the concept of evidence-based dentistry. Our goal is to ensure that patients benefit from preventive care based on the best available oral health related science. Our HOW Enhanced Dental Benefit plans are designed to be consistent with current evidence based guidelines and recommendations from the following professional organizations and government agencies.
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC)
Click the links below to access current recommendations and guidelines from these organizations and agencies: